Jen wants to know the meaning of life. What do you think, Huw?
- The answer is 42 (apologies to Doug whatshisface).
- There is no meaning of life.
Whew, that was easy. Thank you for clarifying that for us.
- On the one hand, the answer is that whatever meaning our lives have is the meaning we give them by living them.
- On the other hand, the question is a language error - words have meanings, poetry has meaning, but just because you can attach the two words "meaning" and "life" in one sentence, doesn't mean that the sentence itself has any useful meaning. Still, fun to ponder. Like the sound of one hand clapping...
- So there ya have it in a nutshell.
- No problem.
© Huw Powell